1 July - 31 December 2012
- 2505 complaints registered – a decrease of 5% for the same period in 2011-2012 - 46% involving police, 46% departments, GOCs and other public sector bodies and 9% local government.
- 20% of the allegations official conduct (e.g. duty failures), 15% assault, 11% corruption and favouritism
- In comparison to the same period last year, there has been a 2% increase in complaints against police; and a 11% decrease in complaints against public sector (including local government).
- Of the 2512 complaints assessed, 2% of these complaints are now under investigation by the CMC, 80% have been referred to the relevant agency (subject to CMC monitoring), 18% warranted no further action.
- During the period we commenced 38 investigations in to alleged official misconduct (including 7 co-operative investigations).
- We referred 708 people with concerns about matters not within the CMC jurisdiction to other relevant agencies.
- We reviewed 194 complaints dealt with by public sector agencies, including police and were satisfied with 88%. Of the remaining 12%, we identified concerns with regards to delays in investigations, deficiencies in record-keeping and failures to adequately investigate.
- We reviewed the outcome of 19 QPS misconduct disciplinary proceedings and were satisfied with 16. We have initiated QCAT reviews in relation to 3 cases.
- As a result of our investigative, monitoring and research and prevention activities conducted during the period, we made 247 recommendations to public sector agencies in relation to improving their systems and processes.