Beat policing resources
Beat policing is a community policing strategy designed to make an individual police officer responsible for the community’s policing needs in a defined geographical area (the beat).
The CMC, and its predecessor the Criminal Justice Commission, conducted a number of beat-policing research and evaluation initiatives:
- On the beat: an evaluation of beat policing in Queensland, 2003 (PDF, 2.8 MB)
- Beat policing resource kit – Manual, 1995 (PDF, 1.1 MB)
- Beat policing resource kit – Appendices, 1995 (PDF, 1.4 MB)
- Beat policing: Toowoomba case study, 1995 (PDF, 413 KB)
- The West End Police Beat: an evaluation, 1996 (PDF, 1.9 MB)