Conditions and benefits
In addition to excellent advancement opportunities and career satisfaction, we offer public sector conditions of employment, including an attractive superannuation scheme, study leave, and a family-friendly workplace.
Our standard day is 7.15 hours, Monday to Friday, with flexible arrangements available.
Leave entitlements include:
- recreation leave — four weeks per year plus 17.5 per cent leave loading
- sick leave — accrues at the rate of 10 days per year
- long service leave — 13 weeks’ leave after 10 years continuous service, then 1.3 weeks for each year thereafter
- special leave — available on a paid or unpaid basis depending on circumstances.
Employees can also purchase additional leave if they wish.
Award and contract staff
We offer employment on an award or contract basis depending on the job position and level.
- Contracts are offered for up to five years. They may be renewed subject to satisfactory performance by the employee and a continuing need for the position.
Employees are generally appointed subject to a probationary period not less than 6 months.
Recognition of prior service
When you have been appointed, you may request to have your prior service for sick and long service leave purposes recognised. We will do this if you have worked without a break in service of more than 12 months in:
- commonwealth or other state public services
- a statutory authority
- a public hospital board
- a local authority
- a tertiary educational institution.
Prior to employment in the CMC you will be required to undergo a stringent security vetting process which includes making personal and financial disclosures.
Code of conduct
Employees must agree to and conform with our Code of Conduct (PDF, 150kB).
Safe and healthy workplace
We are committed to providing our employees with a safe and healthy workplace. Benefits include:
- access to free personal counselling for employees and their families
- annual free flu vaccinations
- access to a network of workplace health and safety officers
- a non-smoking environment.
Our salary scales are aligned to the Queensland Public Sector. See annual salary scales.
Our employees contribute to QSuper — an employer-subsidised, government superannuation scheme. For further details, see the QSuper website.
We will support your professional development throughout your career with opportunities to attend conferences and professional workshops and programs.
Achievement and Capability Planning
All employees will be required to participate in our Achievement and Capability Planning system.
If you meet the necessary requirements to study in a work-related field, you may be eligible for a range of assistance including:
- leave to attend courses, residential schools and examinations
- reimbursement of statutory fees and other course-related costs.