Our governance framework provides mechanisms to drive performance, achieve our organisational goals and objectives and deliver outcomes. The framework ensures that we undertake our responsibilities for policy and service delivery in an open, accountable and ethical way.
The CMC is headed by a five-member group known as 'the Commission', which is the prime policy-making body responsible for setting our strategic direction. It consists of a full-time commissioner (the Chairperson), and four part-time commissioners.
A five-member Executive Leadership Group is responsible for the day-to-day management of the CMC and implementing the policy and strategic directions set by the Commission.
For further details, see accountability and leadership
Governance committees supporting our activities are:
- Audit Committee
- Budget Management Committee
- Commission Consultative and Equal Opportunity Committee
- Executive Leadership Group
- Finance Committee
- Information Steering Group
- Risk Management Committee
- Witness Protection Advisory Committee
- Workplace Health and Safety Committee
Some of the committees deal with matters that may be exempt from access or otherwise limited under the RTI Act because they concern operational matters or personal information about individuals.
- See our annual report for detailed information on our corporate governance framework and how we make decisions.